June 5, 2012 § Leave a comment
Alright, Mrs. Brady (The Brady Bunch On Crack), here we go. Answers to probably not even half of your questions. LOL I will have to come do some updating later, because I am SLEEPY. But THANK YOU for giving me a chance to write a bit about me 🙂
As with all Blogging peer awards, there are rules attached. I actually like this part because it gives us all a chance to get to know each other just a little better. So here goes, the rules and regulations:
1. Thank and link back to the awarding blog.
2. Answer seven questions.
3. Provide 10 random factoids about yourself.
4. Hand the award on to 7 deserving others.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
QUESTION #1: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG?
There has never been, and will never be, a time in my life when I only have ONE favorite song. Well, except maybe when I was 3 and my favorite song was “I Love You a Bushel and a Peck” and my Grandma used to sing it to me every day. Or when I was 6 and my favorite song was “Great Green Globs of Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts.” But since I found real music, never just one. I am so eclectic, I could never even pin it down to a favorite genre. Favorite artists list includes: (in no particular order, and this is only a RANDOM sampling…) Tori Amos, Jack Johnson, Fiona Apple, Breaking Benjamin, Marilyn Manson, Miranda Lambert, Frente, HIM, Rise Against, Fleetwood Mac, Coheed and Cambria, Patrick & Eugene, Fall Out Boy, Elliott Smith….there are SO many more. Super eclectic. Songs I can’t get out of my head right this minute? Foster the People’s “Pumped Up Kicks”, Alex Clare’s “Too Close”, Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used To Know”, Selena Gomez’s “Love You Like A Love Song”…..
QUESTION #2: WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE DESSERT?
What’s with the making me pick a favorite? It makes everything else feel left out!!! LOL 🙂 Um….Real dessert? Anything off of Safeway’s chocolate cheesecake platter. When I was pregnant with PT1, I would buy a platter and eat the whole thing myself in 2-3 days. For real… I have lots of dessert-y type snacks that I love, but probably a triple chocolate cheesecake is my favorite “decadent” dessert.
QUESTION #3: WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU ARE UPSET?
I used to be a crier. I cried all the time, over everything, at the drop of a hat. But now, I rarely EVER cry. I don’t know why. But I internalize a lot. With my first husband, I yelled. A LOT. Mainly because he yelled first. But now, I hold pretty much everything in and stress about it inside with a random occasional outburst. It’s terrible for me, and I’m sure my blood pressure is sky-high most of the time. But I think my other coping skills are virtually nonexistent now, so I do what I have to do.
QUESTION #4: WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE PET?
Don’t make me choose between my kids, man!!! LOL 🙂 Though I have had a random plethora of pets in the past (cats, lizards, fish, insects, frogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters…I’m sure there’s more I have forgotten – I used to work in a pet store!), we don’t have pets right now. The last cat we had decided the litter box was of no use to him when PT1 was about six months old and getting ready to crawl, and I decided I would NOT have her crawling through cat “stuff” all over my house. So, we took her to the no-kill shelter (and T will not let me forget it to this day…). When the girlies are a little older, we’ll get something, but now is just not the time.
QUESTION #5: WHICH DO YOU PREFER, WHITE OR WHOLE WHEAT?
Honestly, I rarely ever like wheat bread. I can eat it sometimes, if it’s honey wheat, and the rest of a PB&J sammich is involved. Dave’s Killer Bread makes a damn good wheat-raisin-log-thingy that is damn good though…and super healthy, which is not something I normally go for either…lol
QUESTION #6: WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST FEAR?
Right now? PT1 “escaping” and not being able to find her. She’s figured out how to get out of the house with no one noticing, and though we are vigilant about keeping the chain locks and window locks locked, the two times she managed to sneak out (at 4 freakin’ years old!!!) have scared me crapless. Other than that, the girlies getting hurt, or worse. Also, that my house will catch on fire. That’s been an irrational fear for years…
QUESTION #7: WHAT IS YOUR ATTITUDE, MOSTLY?
I very much believe in self-fulfilling prophecy, and though I try to be positive most of the time, sometimes I think I create my own chaos and disorder. For sure, sometimes it’s external circumstances that I have no control over, but I often find myself thinking “What did I do to deserve THIS?!?”… I would really like to believe for the most part that I am master of my own destiny, but I am fully prepared to admit that I have NO EFFING CLUE what I’m doing…lol
TEN RANDOM FACTS: (These are going to be short and sweet for now. If you want me to elaborate later, I can, but it’s WAY past my bedtime right now!!! LOL)
1. I have two Associate’s degrees and am working a “dead-end, minimum-wage, fast-food job.”
2. I am hopelessly addicted to cookies. Though I am NOT a fan of oatmeal raisin.
3. If I could meet any one fictional character from a TV series, it would be a toss-up between Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, Carrie from Unforgettable, and Sam from the old Profiler TV show.
4. When I was younger, I traveled across much of the continental US with my Mom and Grandma going to Postal Service Conventions. They were both Postmasters.
5. My first wedding was 20 days after my high school graduation. We had been together 2 years, and were married for almost 8.
6. I remember hardly ANY of the almost 10 years I was with my ex-husband. Almost complete mental block.
7. The reason that my ex-husband is my ex is partially because he decided to have children with my (now former) best friend instead of me. While we were still married. (Among a million other reasons…)
8. I do not feel anywhere near my age. I look younger than I am, by almost 10 years (or so I’m told…) and feel even younger than that. Well, mentally, at least. LOL 🙂
9. I grew up in a VERY small town. Our school was K-12 (not split into Elementary, Junior High, and High School) and my graduating class consisted of 13 kiddos. We were 45 minutes away from the closest small town where we could grocery shop, and at least 2 hours away from a moderate-sized city. 3+ hours from a large city. A lot of the kids I grew up with either still live out there, or visit regularly, or talk about how much they miss it. I don’t.
10. I won first place in my all-school spelling bee when I was in 3rd grade. I placed 11th in the Scripps-Howard Spelling Bee finals for Washington State when I was in 6th grade. I am also a complete grammar Nazi, though I don’t (usually) judge others for their grammar misuse or misspellings. Though misspelled advertising drives me BONKERS.
11. (BONUS!!!) I have very few friends that I would consider really close. And I live 3 1/2 hours away from almost all of them. That’s why I love you guys so much – because I have people to talk and vent to!! 🙂
I will have to come back and tag people later. As is, I’m looking at 4 1/2 – 5 hours of sleep before work tomorrow. Even T says I’m crazy for still typing, and he fully supports this endeavor. lol 🙂 But I will. I promise. At least the answers are out there now. If there’s anything else you want to ask, please feel free. I’m pretty much an open book. And let me know about you, too! I’m interested!! 🙂